Dynamic Dems is a forum for Democrats in Southern Chester County to come together to learn more about the issues that “We the People” are facing today. Each month, someone from the front lines discusses what is happening now, and how you can get involved. The conversation is always enlightening, inspiring and emboldening. Please join us. Check our Events Calendar for upcoming Dynamic Dems meetings.
Previous topics have included:
- ACLU: Campaign for Smart Justice
- Healthcare 4 All PA: Single Payer Healthcare in Pennsylvania
- Fair Districts: Gerrymandering
- Climate Change
Do you have a topic that is of interest to you? Are you an expert who would like to share your knowledge with us? Contact us today!
DYNAMIC DEMS PRESENTS:
ACLU—Campaign for Smart Justice
SPEAKER: Nick Pressley, Deputy Director for ACLU Smart Justice
LOCATION: Lincoln University, Nelson Science Building, Room #123
Tuesday, March 20
7PM to 9PM
TOPIC: The ACLU Campaign for Smart Justice is an unprecedented, multiyear effort to reduce the U.S. jail and prison population by 50% and to combat racial disparities in the criminal justice system. They are working in all 50 states for reforms to usher in a new era of justice in America – and we’re already implementing solutions:
- Sentencing Reform: Working to reduce both the number of people entering jails and prisons and the extreme laws and policies that drive extraordinarily long prison terms.
- Bail Reform: Overhauling the unjust and for-profit bail system that strips people of their rights, targets poor people and people of color, and hurts families and communities.
- Prosecutorial Reform: Challenging prosecutorial abuse in the courts and legislatures and through voter education.
- Parole Reform: Working to ensure systems are fair, respect people’s rights, and promote safety and success for those returning to their communities.
- Reentry: Working to end the collateral consequences that are imposed on people living with a criminal record.
Learn more on the ACLU website
BE THE WAVE!
The amazing results we achieved in the 2017 election is just the beginning. With perfect vision, it's time to combine our talents and ride this wave of success all the way to 2020 and beyond. To make this happen, we need you!
I want to get involved!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Chester County Democratic Committee Zone 3
Zone 3 represents Democratic voters in 20 precincts over 15 municipalities in Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania. These municipalities are: Atglen (Borough), East Nottingham (Township), Elk (Township), Franklin (Township), Highland (Township), London Grove (Township), Londonderry (Township), Lower Oxford (Township), New London (Township), Oxford (Borough), Penn (Township), Upper Oxford (Township), West Fallowfield (Township), West Grove (Borough), West Nottingham (Township).
Please see your precincts page to find out where you vote as well as who are your precinct's Committee People. Contact your Committee People to get involved. We welcome your support. Get to know us!